Entry Deadline: Friday, October 31st, 2014
Winners Notified: Friday, November 7th, 2014
Winners Posted: Friday, November 21st, 2014
Each winner — one coach and one student athlete — will receive an exciting trip for him/herself and one special guest to New York City!
Each winner's complete gift package will include:
- A trip for 2 to New York City
- 2 tickets to the Partnership's Gala at Gotham Hall on Thursday, November 20th, 2014, where the winners will be honored
- $500 gift card to a New York City store to be determined
- A plaque presented by Major League Baseball Charities and The Partnership at Drugfree.org
- The opportunity to be featured prominently on the Partnership's website, www.drugfree.org
If you would like to nominate a youth coach or student athlete for the Commissioner's Play Healthy Awards, please complete and submit the online entry form. Only online entries will be accepted. Entry forms can be for any sport. All entries must be received before 11:59 PM Eastern Time on October 31st, 2014. Nominees for the student athlete award must be between 13 and 18 years old. Nominees for the youth coach award must coach teams of students who are between 13 and 18 years old. A person cannot nominate him or herself for an award. Nominations must be made by someone other than the person being nominated. The contest is open to residents of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. This contest is not open to employees of The Partnership at Drugfree.org or Major League Baseball. We are not responsible for any telephone connection problems, electrical or computer problems, of if you enter information wrong, or for entries delayed.
Judging Criteria for Nominees
Our panel of judges will be looking for players and coaches who:
- Value and are committed to fair, drug-free play and an overall healthy lifestyle
- Understand the importance of a team
- Demonstrate excellent leadership in sports by empowering, encouraging, and helping others
- Display integrity and maintain a positive attitude both on and off the field
- Strive for personal excellence, regardless of natural athletic ability or experience
Winners will be chosen by an independent judging panel consisting of parents, coaches, officials, and members of the sports community.
SPONSOR: The Partnership at Drugfree.org, 352 Park Avenue South, 9th Floor, New York, New York, 10010. Contest is not executed or administered by any MLB Entity.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), Canada and Puerto Rico. Nominees must be between the ages of 13 and 18 if they are student athletes, and they must coach students between the ages of 13 and 18 if they are coaches. Those who submit an official entry must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry unless permission by a parent or legal guardian is granted. Employees of The Partnership at Drugfree.org and Major League Baseball Charities and each company's parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. ENTRY/TIMING: During the Promotion Period, you may submit a nomination by completing the online entry form in full. Incomplete entry forms will not be considered for a prize. Entry deadline is October 31st, 2014. Entries submitted after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 31st, 2014 will not be considered for a prize. Winners will be contacted on Friday, November 7th, 2014. Winning nominees and those who nominated them will be contacted. All potential winning nominees are subject to verification, such as a background check, before any prize will be awarded.
3. WINNER: At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to comply with verification or a background check;  potential winner's failure to produce a clean background check;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In regards to condition , an unsatisfactory background check includes but is not limited to history of performance-enhancing substance use, sex offense, fraud, and other crimes and misdemeanors. In the event that a prize must be revoked or forfeited, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize. The approximate retail value of the prizes is $3000.00 but to be determined by exact itinerary. If a winner is selected but cannot attend the Partnership Gala, he/she may still be the recipient of the plaque, gift card, and feature on drugfree.org, but he/she must forfeit the trip and send a representative to the Gala in his/her place. If the winner cannot find a representative to attend the Gala, he/she must forfeit the entire grand prize and in this case, another winner will be selected by the Sponsor. All selected winners must execute affidavits of eligibility and compliance with rules before they are confirmed as winners.
4. PRIZES AND RESTRICTIONS: Two (2) Grand Prizes: a) 3day/2night trip to New York City for winner and one (1) guest, to be used from November 19th, 2014 to November 21st, 2014, b) USD $500 gift card, c) plaque, to be awarded at Partnership Gala on November 20th, 2014 at Gotham Hall in New York City, d) two (2) tickets to the Partnership Gala, valued at $1,200 each, and e) the opportunity to be featured on www.drugfree.org. Trip includes the following expenses: either roundtrip air travel or ground transportation to and from New York City, hotel as determined by Sponsor, reasonable meal allowance, and destination ground transportation from hotel to/from Gotham Hall specifically for the Partnership Gala. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be provided instead of roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. If air travel is to be used, Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Winner's "guest" must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure, unless the guest is the child of the winner. If winner is under eighteen (18) years of age, he/she must bring a parent or legal guardian as guest. Sponsor is not responsible for any unforeseen fees or damages done by the winners and guests during the course of the trip. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winner's sole responsibility. Gift card may not be redeemed for cash and no other store may be substituted. Sponsor is not responsible for replacing any gift card that is lost, damaged, or stolen.
5. PUBLICITY: Participation in the Promotion does not imply winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's photograph, name, and possibly other personal information on the Partnership's official website, www.drugfree.org. Before the name/image of a nominee appears on the website or is used publicly in any way, Sponsor must get his/her written consent and release. Once Sponsor obtains written consent, Sponsor can use winner's photograph, name, and other personal information without further payment or consideration. Sponsor may then also grant publicity rights to the appropriate Major League Baseball entity.
 Winners are obligated to attend the Partnership Gala on November 20th, 2014 at Gotham Hall in New York City. If winners are unable to attend the gala, they must send a representative in his or her place to receive the award at the gala.
 In the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes; and in such event, to select a winner by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable; and in the event a Trip has already commenced, to terminate the Trip and return the Group to any airport of origin as soon as reasonably possible.